RE: Aluminum Radiators

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Aluminum Radiators
From: "Leonard Sprague" <sprague@ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:05:10 -0400
List,

I'd like to thank Sid Raper, Brad Holms, Ian Miller, Andy Cost, Don Miller,
Milton, Craig Halsted, Greg Burrows, Michael Spreadbury, & Bill Hatfield for
replying to my inquiry about the radiator replacement. Thanks guys.

I decided to replace the radiator for the VG30 engine with a 53mm thick - 2
row - Koyo high-performance racing aluminum radiator.

        http://www.absoluteradiator.com/ProductPage.asp?idProd=11

                (it's the one on the top)

I opted for this one because it was larger than the Fluidyne, which is 38mm
thick.

Guess what? It still gets hot!

        http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/vg30/DSC04793
        http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/vg30/DSC04795
        http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/vg30/DSC04797

Anyone have any ideas?

Currently, I running the 300z's water pump, the Koyo radiator, and an
electric fan. I'm wondering if the anti-freeze (or water) is running through
the radiator too fast to properly cool it. Would an electric pump work
better to slow the flow down? Or is there something else I can try? I'm
running out of time before Road Atlanta. Hopefully, I can figure out a
solution.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help. I really appreciate it!

-Lenny Sprague
Gainesville, FL

'69 SPL311/VG30
http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/roadster