Re: Aluminum Radiators

To: roadster2@texoma.net, sprague@ufl.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aluminum Radiators
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller07@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:39:11 -0400
Fred

How can you be sure the flow through the radiator is laminar?  I have never
calculated the reynolds number, but I always assumed the number of
obstructions (thermostat bends ect) would cause a turbulent flow, or at
least would prevent a well developed laminar profile from developing.  Maybe
it is just the fact that I deal with turbulent flow on an everyday basis so
I'm a little biased.

Please enlighten me!

Thanks
Ian