RE: Roll Bar Question

To: Steve@olsonarchitect.com, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Roll Bar Question
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:48:52 -0800
I put a roll bar in my 1967.5 2000 and I will be the first to admit I did it
primarily for the "cool factor". I like its looks but I am under no illusion
that it is anything other than a "street bar". It is not welded to the frame
and is simply bolted to the body.

It might help in a roll over and is probably better than nothing, but as a
racer friend told me once:

"If it's not welded to the frame and four inches above your helmet- it's
just a place to hang your laundry".

Still, I like it and who knows? It just might save my life some day.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000