Re: Roll Bar Question

To: 9laser3@bright.net
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Question
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.com" <gregs672liter@netzero.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:11:23 GMT
I agree with Paul.  I think we would go a long way toward higher degrees of
safety on the roads if ALL drivers were required to really learn how to handle
their car in difficult situations.
Greg Burrows

-- "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net> wrote:
--

> All this talk of rollovers scares me.

  Being in an accident is scary, no matter what you are driving.  You have
some choices;
    1) Go buy the biggest Hummer you can find so if you are in an accident,
you'll plow through what ever hits you.  Of course your chance of being in
an accident are greater because your stopping distance is longer than a
smaller car and you ability to change lanes to avoid a collision are nil in
something that big and heavy.
    2) Buy something that handles and drives; something with ABS, and some
thing with a 5 star crash rating.  Now you'll at least have a chance to
avoid an accident.
    3) Stay home and pray?

  And no matter which of 1 or 2 you choose, how about putting down the cell
phone, turning down the radio, and pay attention to what's going on around
you!  Want to go a step father?  Take a driving school.  Either one designed
for safe driving or perhaps one offered by your local autocross club.  The
idea is to find out exactly what your car can do.  Too many folks just slam
on the brakes and plow into what ever is in front of them with out ever
thinking of trying to avoid contact.

Paul