Re: Roll Bar Question

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>, <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Question
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:31:18 -0800
Agreed.
I had two years of autocrossing under my belt but, looking back I wasn't
prepared to push the car as hard as I did.
Low speed oversteer while auto-x is manageable, high speed oversteer on the
track is not.
Unfortunately I went off track into a dirt berm instead of a flat area (end
of the back straight).
The combination of the setup of the swaybars, tire pressures and braking
into a crest with little track experience was a recipe for disaster.
Fortunately the car was only worth less than $5000.  I ended up stripping it
for parts rather than trying to claim insurance.
I just cut my losses rather than drive up my insurance rates.

Steve 70' 1600