RE: Cat converters and more on exhaust systems

To: matthews517@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: Cat converters and more on exhaust systems
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 05:29:10 GMT
Can't do the swap to a '67 2000... that would be blasphemy! :-)
Greg

-- "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net> wrote:
>From John Roper:
Honestly, if you really care about the environment as much as you say you
do, you'd take that engine out and put an SR20DE or KA24DE in it. That alone
would make a HUGE difference in the emissions. Then adding a cat to that
would make it clean and green.

Hi All,
How about a hydrogen fuel cell roadster? Oooooooooo!

Frankly, I like the exhaust smell of my slightly rich running 2000 Roadster.
Those Solexes sure can put some unleaded premium thru that motor!  :-)

These cars are 37 years or older. They were designed and built in a
different era, using different technology than we have now. If a swap is
what you feel like doing, do it.

On the other hand, many of our lil cars are NOT driven year round on a daily
basis (though Loreli is). How about buying a 50+ MPG Prius to commute with,
and driving the Roadster on the weekends when there are less cars on the
road and industry isn't pumping out nearly as much pollution as on a week
day?

I say, drop the top, rev the engine, dump the clutch and ENJOY! If you still
feel guilty, talk to the driver of that hybrid Honda next to you at the gas
station and thank him for doing his part so you don't have to!

Matt Smith and Tater the wonder puppy

And of course Loreli (she's a 70' Silver Solex SRL311)