fot

RE: VTR National Convention

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: VTR National Convention
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:44:32 +0500 (EST)
On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, R. John Lye wrote:

> ...In the past, the category where race cars would go for
> the purposes of the concours was into the "Modified" category.  At
> Fort Worth, Don Carter who was judging that class thought that this
> wasn't entirely fair, so he petitioned for and got an experimental
> "Modified Prepared" (ie race prepared) class.  There were enough
> cars that entered to make a class, so it looks like this will be
> added for the future, as I understand it....

Given the vast unlimited power entrusted in me by the members of the
Vintage Triumph Register ;-), I would like to make this formal. I would
suggest something along the lines of the following:

PROPOSED, that a "Competition" class be added to the list of minimum
Concours classes to be offered at the Vintage Triumph Register National
Convention. Competition cars would be defined as any Triumph-bodied and/or
Triumph-engined vehicle built or developed primarily for competition, such
as road race, hillclimb, solo, rallye or other timed events. Said vehicle
need NOT be legal for street use.

It seems a bit ironic to have to make such a "formal" proposal first in
front of such a wonderfully informal group as FOT, but I suspect this
might be the best approach. It's certainly long overdue, IMHO.

Anyone care to comment/modify/correct/completely reword the above
proposal? Once we finalize it, I will put it before the VTR National Board
for consideration.

--Andy

...and they say VTR isn't responsive to its members! :-)