fot

Re: memories

To: brad.kahler@141.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: memories
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 14:44:35 +0000
A few more jumped into my head:

The Greenman's very first autox run after the rebuild, and my first in over
20 years... When it was over, I felt heavy pressure in my chest... `realized
I had been holding my breath through the entire run.

Having third place for modified TR4 presented to me by Ken Richardson at the
NATC 1998 in Albany...

Barely getting back to my seat and having him call my name out again for
First place in same class... Somewhat confused, I hesitated to go up. When
Ken finally handed me the plaque he said something like, "What took you so
long? You were fast enough earlier today..."

Seeing Mike Jackson and Charlie Kates going "hammer and tongs" all weekend
at Mid Ohio in 1991...

Watching two "improved Vitesses" run away and hide during the "all Triumph
race" that same weekend.

My first ride in a Ferrari, my second ride in a Ferrari, a victory lap at
Road America with John Weinberger in his Lotus 23B, helping Phil Hill with a
slide presentation and my third ride in a Ferrari (this time an F50 with
Phil Hill driving)... All on the same weekend.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois