fot

Memories

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Memories
From: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 07:55:39 -0600
Going to my first sports car race at (are you ready?) Caddo Mills, Texas with
my older brother. Probably around 1950.

Watching Delmo Johnson win in the Grand Sport Corvette at Green Valley
Raceway.

Working corners at the 1994 Dallas Grand Prix (the only Formula 1 race they
ever had). Our corner was up the hill from the Start/Finish right outside the
press room. The morning of the race the drivers were up in arms over the fact
that the track was breaking up in places and THEY didn't think the repairs
were adequate. A tall, elegant, British gentleman came out of the press room,
ambled over to our corner station and after chatting for a while said:
"Y'know, if they were as good as they think they are they would just drive
around the holes." He introduced himself as Rob Walker.

Watching ( I SAW IT! ) Nigel Mansell push his John Player Special across the
start/finish to win. We were yelling like madmen. Now, folks, that's a
competitor!

John