fot

RE: [FOT] Data acquisition

To: "'Chris Kantarjiev'" <cak@dimebank.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] Data acquisition
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:54:53 -0700
My conclusion as well--I think the accuracy issue has to do with absolute
location, not relative. Still, there's more going on here since the track
maps can be shared and you can use one you made over and over, share it with
other drivers, and overlay other users lap information onto yours. I assume
the software is making corrections to make the overlays work.  The system
also has accelerometers in three planes, so they can use that data to
indicate corners also. It's pretty slick, though the software interface is
not very friendly and it's fragile. This is considered an amateur system but
the data it collects and the way it displays it is definitely on the expert
user end of the spectrum. I likes a really huge screen also--the 1024 X 768
laptop I'm running it on is minimally acceptable.

I was told they have a new version of the software in the works with video
integration.