fot

Re: [Fot] State of Vintage Racing

To: Billb@bnj.com, andre@gt6.ca
Subject: Re: [Fot] State of Vintage Racing
From: DSPGTi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:23:57 EDT
I'm starting to rethink the Vintage Racing thing. Last weekend was a 3 day,
triple SCCA Regional Race at NJMP Lightning course. Besides having a great
time  running in my own group of IT, it was cool to watch Joe B. whoop up on
the
E/Prod field with his TR3. He won the first race overall while the usually
faster Datsun Z cars and a former GTP Dodge Daytona failed to finish. Joe  won
all the E/P races and Dave Miller had a respectable showing in his TR4. To
me, Joe's car looks more the part of a vintage racer, flares, air dam, slicks
and all, than some of the current show quality vintage race cars. Dave's  TR4
would pass any Vintage test except for the slicks sticking out of the  stock
steel fenders.

So I'm thinking? Save my virgin steel fenders and panels, replace  with all
fiberglass and go racing with my TR4 on any track I want. By the  time I'm
ready for vintage, My fiberglass and slicks will be allowed.  Right!

Dave Y.
no registration required and great graphics b check it out!