fot

Re: [Fot] State of Vintage Racing

To: DSPGTi@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] State of Vintage Racing
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:56:38 -0700
I really enjoy SCCA races, except they usually have no social aspect.
Go, race, go home. I plan to do a lot of them next year with the Ambro
while I'm getting it dialed in. Even better around here are the ICSSC
races. Hugely informal, whacky cars, including a wood-bodied sports
racer that looks like it was built by a sixth grade shop class and is
a rolling chicane.  They have the best drivers schools around--and a
real bargain. I take one every few years, always learn a ton.

On Oct 23, 2008, at 7:23 AM, DSPGTi@aol.com wrote:

> I'm starting to rethink the Vintage Racing thing. Last weekend was a
> 3 day, triple SCCA Regional Race at NJMP Lightning course. Besides
> having a great time running in my own group of IT, it was cool to
> watch Joe B. whoop up on the E/Prod field with his TR3. He won the
> first race overall while the usually faster Datsun Z cars and a
> former GTP Dodge Daytona failed to finish. Joe won all the E/P races
> and Dave Miller had a respectable showing in his TR4. To me, Joe's
> car looks more the part of a vintage racer, flares, air dam, slicks
> and all, than some of the current show quality vintage race cars.
> Dave's TR4 would pass any Vintage test except for the slicks
> sticking out of the stock steel fenders.
>
> So I'm thinking? Save my virgin steel fenders and panels, replace
> with all fiberglass and go racing with my TR4 on any track I want.
> By the time I'm ready for vintage, My fiberglass and slicks will be
> allowed. Right!
>
> Dave Y.
>

> Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites, no
> registration required and great graphics  check it out!

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com
503.936.7660