fot

Re: [Fot] Why the dearth of Spitfire vintage racers?

To: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Why the dearth of Spitfire vintage racers?
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:43:53 -0500
As a CVAR racer I can tell you there is a simple answer to Jim's question, and
he touched on it. There is tremendous peer support within the Sprite/Midget
racing community and it started with the Spec Sprite program that Roger
Williams started. We used to have nearly a dozen Spec Sprites but many have
graduated and decided to up the spec and speed to FP. Some of these guys are
spending big bucks on engine and suspension to the point that a couple of them
are as fast as my TR4A, and I'm keeping up with some of our C Prod 911 and
914-6 Porsches. We lost Susan to a move but we've got a couple of Spitfires
now in Joe Hovey and Bill Collins. Joe is solid but Bill is early on the
learning curve. What we need in CVAR is a leader for the Spitfire squadron.
Jim could come in with his Spitfire and take on that role.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
RDO Equipment Company
16415 N. IH 35