fot

Re: [Fot] Alighnment killed my TR4 rotors?

To: toodamnfunky@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Alighnment killed my TR4 rotors?
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:15:26 -0500
Sounds like the calipers didn't back off properly and overheated the
pads.  Jack had that issue with the stock calipers, and had heat
crazing on the pad and rotor.  I have a really hard time
understanding how the alignment would have caused that.  It would
cause tire wear for sure.

- Tony Drews

At 09:56 AM 5/19/2009, toodamnfunky@comcast.net wrote:
>Micheal,
>
>I suspect the alignment caused the rotor & pad damage but I still can't get
>the brakes to bleed
>
>and get the pedal back where it wants to be. I pushed almost two quarts of
>fresh fluid through
>
>over the weekend. I'm going to get new Wilwood masters to start with.
>
>All I haveB in the front circuit is the line splitter that runs to the left &
>right calipers.B
>
>jg
<snip>