Re: Dump Truck Engines

To: KingGlamis@aol.com, davemann@roadsters.com, lsr_man@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Dump Truck Engines
From: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:33:45 -0400
Those engines were available in school buses, that's were we got ours. We could
make 50 or so passes on the drag strip before the crankshaft cracked, only
three mains is hell !!!

>>> Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com> 07/26 9:27 AM >>>
My first car was a 1949 Chev that my dad helped
me put a 302 Jimmy in.  It was a gas engine
though.  Is this the same motor you guys are
talking about?  If so, that was the true stealth
weapon of the 40s and 50s. It just took a little
sledge hammer work, and moving the radiator
forwar a little to get it in.  Dad hogged out the
intake manifold and put some kind of 2-bbl carb
on it - I think it came from a straight 8 Buick
or something. Most guys thought the motor was
just a plaine jane chevy, but I chewed up every
flathead rod in town.  Even when the Chev v8 came
out in 55, it was two years before anybody around
town did enough soup-up to any of them to take my
jimmy-powered chev.  As a mater of fact, the
first car ever to beat me was a 57 chev with a
paxton blower on it.  That jimmy had some kind of
torque!!
Dick J