Re: Dump Truck Engines

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Dump Truck Engines
From: "Wester S. Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:38:52 -0600
Keith,  I visited with Wilford Day, the Bonneville record holder last night
in St George UT.   He set several records in the mid sixties with Chrysler
slant-six engines in a '64 Barracuda.  They split his class, and retired his
record in the 70's.  They still race slant-sixes too. We were talking at
9:30 in the evening and it was in the high nineties but like the salt it is
a dry heat and bearable.  That kind of A/C may be why we call this area
God's Country.  At World of Speed I have worn fleece and long johns to keep
warm on those September morns.   Wes