Re: Tires

To: "David Haller" <dhaller@techline.com>,
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 20:12:25 -0800
We ran them on our modified roadster but they never got a fair evaluation.
It was the same year I talked my partners into taking all the lead out and
running a ground effects tunnel. It really worked great till Jerry hit a wet
spot
at the two at about 220 and it swapped ends so fast there was nothing he
could do but go along for the ride. The ground effects worked great until
the car got a little bit sideways, then the flow on the underside became
turbulent and whoopee no traction. They put the lead back in, changed the
gear and went back to the 18 inch millstones. My rocket scientist reputation
took a hard hit that year. The only drawback to them that I know for sure
is that on an open wheel car they have more frontal area than 8.00-18s.
Jim in Palmdale

 ----421 N. Palmer, Glendale, California----
----where real Indy cars were made-----