Re: Ardun Heads - Reproduction

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, Daniel Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: Ardun Heads - Reproduction
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 06:20:48 -0800 (PST)
Does anybody know if Robert Whitehead is on
E-mail?  The motor I bought from my friend in the
Ozarks was a motor he was trying to buy.  I had
no idea I was bidding against such a legendary
figure.  I went back up into the Ozarks this
weekend to get a transmission and rear fenders
for my car, and drove right through Robert's home
town.  I even stopped and got his phone number
and address out of the local phone book, then
drove around to find his home, but I didn't want
to drop in as an unexpected stranger.  I'd sure
like to see his collection though, and spend a
little time talking with him.

- ardunbill@webtv.net wrote:
> Dan, Tom Senter's 1971 Ardun White Paper(Three
> Parts) says the first
> four sets came to Speed-O-Motive in '49(?) and
> retailed(?) for $500.  In
> another place he reports that in '55 C.T.
> Automotive advertised the last
> few sets for "$375, down from $500" in Hot Rod
> Magazine.  The ad also
> included the availability of "six sets for
> V8-60".
>
> Tom Senter's Ardun White Paper, despite a few
> errors, remains a valuable
> legacy to Ardun lovers for all time.  Ardun
> Doug has it reprinted in his
> collection of period Ardun literature he has
> for sale.  So does Robert
> Whitehead.
>
> I would encourage everyone who can to get into
> the Ardun.  It combines
> the charm of the flathead with aluminum head
> hemi technology still
> current today after 50 years.  Lotta people
> have run them and still run
> them, it's still a practical proposition and I
> believe it always will
> be.  Once you get over the financial pain of
> the original acquisition of
> your heads, the rest of the stuff is not too
> costly, especially if you
> stick with FoMoCo parts, which are still
> abundant.  Quality remains,
> long after price is forgotten!!
>
> Regards,  ArdunBill

=====