RE: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class
From: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:08:50 -0500
my forehead is already getting longer and i wont be "pinched" by even
extraterrestrial / ufo technology , - i welcome it, it'll force me to tune
my cookie cutter big block chev that much better and stronger and try that
much harder if i choose to keep running one - im not whining about anyone
running a state of the art nitro TFX alum hemi motor with mega-electronics
against our production cast iron 427 chev, i'll race them with pleasure -
bring them on !!!!!

in my opinion, any overhead valve engine is fair game - 392 hemi or
nailhead buick or rodeck , all grouped with or without electronics -all
were talking about is electronics here, electronics are really not a
horsepower advantage - flatheads yes are different but they already live in
a world of their own in land speed. in my opinion, starting a new
"nostalgia" class is a cop-out for racers who feel they have an inferior
ride and are not willing to stand up and race their machine - and will
segregate land speed racing in a negative way -as i want as many
competitors in our class as possible !!!!!

regards-
doug @ black radon engineering