RE: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, bbutters@dmi.net
Subject: RE: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class
From: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:47:46 -0500
youve got to be kidding- a nostalgia class.  a car with electronic fuel
injection cant race against a car with mechanical fuel injection? a car
with exhaust thermocouples cant race against a car without them ?  a car
with an electronic rev limiter cant race against a car without one?  - this
is rediculous - are you guys that threatened by some electronics that you
cannot throw down and race against them? - from hearing about the
"nostalgia" days from my pop, these were the days where you raced hardcore,
with what you had - street or drags- the days of the real heads up warriors
-not worried about what the other guy had under his hood ( oh, please
excuse me -i'm sorry - i cannot race you because youve got a new 409 chevy)
-race to the death ! - victory !       -none of this whining crap   - if
the "nostalgia" method is so great - go out and show em and kick their a- -
es instead of sissifying this sport with a new "wheelchair" classification
!

and you know what else, now youre gonna get record hunters unplugging their
oxygen sensors just so that they can grab the equivalent record in your
"nostalgia" class ! -

best regards -
doug @ black radon engineering