Re: Exhaust exits

To: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust exits
From: tschoen <j82244@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 08:47:16 -0500
Many of you may already know this,but we found out about it in designing and
building a new
header for the CRX.Stainless steel conducts much less heat than mild steel not
to mention
it's other good properties.According to Burns Stainless(www.burnsstainless.com)
1010 mild
steel conducts 219% more heat per foot than 321 stainless. That would seem to
minimize the
need for wraps and coatings.Another good thing for you turbo guys is that
stainless doesn't
"scale"-so particles don't get into the turbine blades.Anyway something to
think about.

Tim Schoeny

ECTA#90/SCTA#905