Re: Rules

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rules
From: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:24:25 -0500
ardun doug, group - the issue is is that THERE IS NO ISSUE about aluminum
doorpanels. if i have to call the scta and ask if i can run aluminum
doorpanels when the rules say " or equivalent ", then i might as well just
ask them to design the entire car for me, from gear selection to tachometer
to upholstery - dear scta , please send me the scta blueprints for a 68
firebird in altered class, also please send blueprints for a  b/bf motor,
please include required transmission,cam specs and type of spark plugs you
desire-  GIVE ME A BRAKE !!!!!     if i should call the scta to ask for
some interpretation on door upholstery choice, then we need a bigger better
rulebook. point is is that we keep beating this drum of innovative thinking
in land speed, which i'm 100% for, yet to the contrary we scrutinize legal
interpretation of the written rules rediculously, and per someones elses
interpretation. i guess i cant interpret them, im a total dumb idiot  , i
need them interpreted for me, and who the hell says his interpretation is
valid , or is it the same as the next guys interpretation???????  hey ,
abide by the written rules, anything else goes, and if anything else doesnt
go, then write it down in the rules.   if i gotta ask about everything,
then quit printing a rulebook, the rulebook is now worthless. i'll just
spend my entire paycheck on phonebills and spend 8 additional hours a day
gabbing with the scta :

hello, scta, hi - this is doug from back radon engineering again, when i
weld my cage, do you want me to use mig, tig, or stick, should i weave the
weld puddle or not, should my passes be vertical up or down, is a root pass
allowed, can i attach the parachute release to the second inboard upper
section of rollcage tubing piece number 27 rotated at a 30 degree angle
with a double 1/4 inch weld fillet 1 inch long shown on page 7 of the 400
th faxed diagram  i just sent you ?? maybe ill have the scta on
speakerphone in the garage while i actually build the car !!!!

abide by the written rules, be as SAFE as possible, chill out , have fun
and race and quit worrying about what the next guy in your class has for
door upholstery !!!! whats the problem with that philosophy ????

wow, seems i said the exact same thing just two months ago

kind positive regards to all