FW: Chassis Tubing

To: land-speed list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Chassis Tubing
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:36:34 -0700
----------
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
To: "Mike Manghelli" <mmanghel@hughes.net>
Subject: Re: Chassis Tubing
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:34:24 -0700

Mike,
Nice to know that.  There are so many variables that it is impossible to
cover them all.  Nice to know there are people trying to make the sport
safer every time they can.
Quit bitching about the rain ... I understand you need it on El Mirage!
Wes ... in 56 degree and very windy SLC
----------
<landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,"Tom Neimeyer" <3cbxs@ev1.net>,"Land Speed"
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Chassis Tubing
> Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:05:36 -0800
>
>Wes,
>
>You are correct about forces and the strength of the tubing.  I have seen
>some welds that scare me and as an inspector have mentioned it to the
>competitor, normally all you get is "that stupid #$%^@*&(*# inspector does
>not know what he is talking about"  (Sound familiar to some of you?)  If
the
>basic construction of chassis is followed as shown in the rule book, the
>engineering is good and sound.   As the rule book states, section III-2,
>"All deviations to roll structure rules must be submitted"...  This is
>because we have an engineer, that is on the rules committee, review each
and
>every request.
>
>I have learned more about car construction in the last several years than I
>ever did reading books by being on just about every incident on the salt
and
>dirt.  It is amazing what you find, and because of what we find the safety
>rules change constantly.  I am proud to say that we learn from EVERY
>incident.
>
>Mike
>>From drizzly Lancaster.

MPH!