Re: C Motor Continued

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: C Motor Continued
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:58:56 -0500
the idle air bleeds are probably wrong.... lots of rpm and has not
picked up the mains yet.. why did you idle it so fast that the headers
did glow?? what is the point??? does not break in the engine does almost
nothing but burn gas.. if you are into that..what is the timing set at
anyway.. if it is a race engine I assume you have a crank trigger and no
advance of any kind. Run 36 to 38 degress everywhere...reatrded timing
will increase the fuel requirement drastically also. So if you had 20
deg initial and was running 2500 no load the timing is probably only 25
degress and way retarded the main reason for a vacumm advance..
Dahlgren