Re: Dodge Red Ram hemi

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dodge Red Ram hemi
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:28:27 -0700 (PDT)
The Dodges are really compact little hemis.  The
measurements are:  590 Lbs dry weight. 32.75"
wide including stock spin on oil filter.  Change
to a remote filter and the width is 30".  26"
high from bottom of stock oil pan to top of
carburetor mouth.  28" from bellhousing flange to
front pully.  Displacements came stock at 241,
270, 315, and 325.  I believe the two larger are
"raised deck" and would result in about 1" wider
overall dimension.  I've never measured an Ardun,
but I have seen the Ardun and Dodge side by side
on display stands, and to my eye, the Dodge
looked smaller.  What does the Ardun measure?

Dick J

--- ardunbill@webtv.net wrote:
> Hi Dick.  Just how 'small' are those Dodge
> Hemis?  I am curious how they
> compare with the dimensions of an Ardun.  Could
> you give us a
> measurement across the widest part of the heads
> with the valve covers
> on, and one from the bellhousing flange on the
> block to the front end of
> the crank pulley assy.  Somebody mentioned the
> Dodge fits inside the
> stock hood panels of a '32 Ford roadster, but
> my Ardun sticks through
> same about four inches total.  Cheers Bill.
> Gotta heat wave here in the
> Dismal Swamp today, near 100.

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com