Re: Dodge Red Ram hemi

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com (Dick J), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dodge Red Ram hemi
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 16:54:45 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Dick, just got the yardstick out to measure
the Ardun to compare with the Dodge.  My present Ardun is an early block
with the cast-on bellhousing but for comparison I measured where the
block flange is on the late flathead block.

Ardun measures (Dodge in parentheses)

1.  20" bottom of early oil pan to top of Ardun Hilborn injectors (26"
bottom of pan to carb top)

2.  25" block flange to front of crank pulley (28", must be a big long
pulley assy)

3.  30"  wide at the valve covers (30" without the oil filter).

4.  Weight??  Probably about the same as the Dodge (590).

Based on this, the two are about the same size, the Dodge is longer with
the stock pulley, and it is clear the Dodge heads will stick through the
stock side hood panels of a '32 Ford roadster just like the Ardun
(unless maybe the engines are set back halfway through the firewall!  As
has sometimes been done on race jobs).  Cheers,  ArdunBill