Re: Dodge Red Ram hemi

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, jdincau@qnet.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dodge Red Ram hemi
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 19:10:51 EDT
       Dick,   Dan Hostetter ( Dual Deuce Danny ) is one of the " little hemi
"  .......
Dodges and DeSotos,  guys you might want to talk to , as both his deuce three
windows use them for motivation .   He is also one of the true goodguys in my
book,
as it was mainly due to his assistance, and that of fellow Californian /
goodguy
Gordon Downing, that we got my rental car " unstuck " when it broke through
the
( VERY THIN ) salt down near the floating mountain, in 1987 ....... first
trip to
Bonneville for Darrell and I .    I recall the hemi in Danny' s street coupe
hauled the
freight very nicely when I rode in it back then !
       If you want his address and tel. number, zip me an email off list, and
I will
send it along to you .   It is the great people like Danny and Gordon and
some others I have met ( yes, you, too, Keith ) who make the land speed
events such good
times and great memories ...... not just the fabulous and varied machines
that
run at them  .
       By the way, a real nice nostalgia manifold set up is six  97s on a
welded steel
tubing type manifold ....... like the old Crower  U - fab kits .    Real easy
to make
.......  just takes time and patience ....... and make sure there are no pin
holes /
leaks in your welds ....... heliarc looks best, but gas or mig can do a
really good
job, also .   That is real old time hotrodding .......
      Have fun  ........ see ya in August ?
                                                           Bruce