Re: Nitropropane

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nitropropane
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 21:33:02 -0700
Hello Dan and list.
Someone once told me that everyone knew that "fuel" meant nitro and/or
alcohol so it wasn't specified by name. In fact my 1977 book says
"any nonprepressuerized liquid fuel may be used".

Then along came hydrazine. The rule book was changed because of it and
some
other "interesting" stuff from the aerospace program.
I worked on the Atlas program in the early '60s and I would keep my
distance
(about 100 yards per quart) from the stuff.

Check: http://www.olinultrapure.com/hydrazine/Propellants/Care.asp

See you in August,
Bryan Savage