Format for staging in Bonneville

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Format for staging in Bonneville
From: "Kimbro, Ray E" <ray.kimbro@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:39:24 -0400
Hi!

My name is Ray Kimbro, and I'm with the Sportster List Race Team.  We are
campaigning an XR-1000 Sportster in the 1000CC Production Pushrod class. We
tried hard to finish the bike at Maxton in May and didn't quite get there.
We WILL be there in force in July.

I have a question about the actual race format for Bonneville.  How are
one's attempts scheduled/coordinated?

In Maxton, for instance, you basically got yourself ready to go, drove to
the start line, lined up, and when it was your turn, you went.  You could
run 100 times in a day, if you so desired.  I am assuming that Bonneville is
a little more controlled than this, but, I'd like to understand exactly HOW
this works before we get there.

Thanks!

Ray Kimbro aka Ray in Richmond - "If it flies, floats or has wheels, I LIKE
IT!!!"

Ray E. Kimbro, Jr.
EDS RiSC
4405 Cox Rd Suite 200