Re: New Category

To: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Category
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:51:10
Awww, Man! I missed again. I have a true brick. 66 Sunbeam Alpine with Cd
of 0.45 (yep bout the same as a Mack truck). But, shoot, I am already in
BMS so it is ok even though it will not be competetive. My goal is tohave
the fastest Sunbeam on the planet, not the fastest BMS. ANyway, I'm
supportive.

mayf
At 10:30 AM 6/13/00 -0700, Dan Warner wrote:
>I am proposing the addition of a new category to be added to the SCTA/BNI
>rulebook. The reason for this addition is that several cars that we have not
>seen on a regular basis are aerodynmically challeneged. The SCTA does not
>want to send cars to mothballs. The current Modified Category covers vehicle
>bodies from 1949 to the present, a span of almost 50 years. I feel the time
>has come to meet the needs of our entrants and create a place for some of
>our old friends to race.
>
>The new category, as yet un- named, will lay out something like this;
>
>1949 - 1981 AMERICAN coupes, sedans and pickups. NO EFI or crank fired
>ignition.
>Body classes will include; Blown Fuel Altered, Fuel Altered, Blown Gas
>Altered, Gas Altered, Blown Gas Coupe, Gas Coupe, Modified Pickup,
>Production, Production Supercharged, Production Pickup. Engine classes will
>be AA-I and vintage engine classes.
>
>All other rules & safety items under the current Modified Category will
>remain the same.
>
>Records will be researched and old records reinstated to match the body
>break of '49-'81.
>
>I am open to comments and we will consider the input of all who take the
>time.
>
>Dan (I started it now) Warner

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
ph: 1-256-837-1051

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemay

lemay@hiwaay.net

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)