Re: New Category

To: V4GR@aol.com, beverlycst@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: New Category
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:33:19
Ok...this is interesting! I do not use a crank trigger but here are some
thouoghts.. Crank triggers provide a precise and consistent timing pulse
for the ignition system. More precision means more power. The precision
would seem to stem from the fact that it's position sensing is not divided
down by the cam shaft and any errors caused by the cam drive system (which
can be viariable due to wear, slop, (etc). As to whether or not it should
or should not be included I cannot say. However, somewhere there has to be
a line drawn as to what is legal or not and that position will always be
unpopular with some segment or another.
Let's buy Dan the drink of his choice for giving us the opportunity to air
this kinda stuff out. If we did not have the internet and this list, the
rules would be changed in some smoky dark back room and we would be told
about it?

mayf
At 04:43 PM 6/13/00 EDT, V4GR@aol.com wrote:
>List; Since some may not have grasped my point. There is no speed advantage
>that I know of gained by using a crank trigger ignition. If we accept that
as
>true why would anyone want to outlaw crank triggers? My Gas Roadster with a
>1928 body is allowed a crank trigger, for what reason would my 1972 Vega
>Altered be restricted from crank trigger? Or EFI for that matter.  Rich Fox

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
ph: 1-256-837-1051

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemay

lemay@hiwaay.net

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)