Re: New Category

To: jkamo@rapidnet.com
Subject: Re: New Category
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:03:56 EDT
Joe; Its my point that a crank trigger ignition has no real horsepower
advantage over a well done MSD conventional distributor. Nor is there any
large cost penalty. There is a real packaging benefit to not needing a
distributor. And if you buy an 8 cylinder Electromotive ignition, it will fit
any 8 cylinder engine (4 stroke Otto cycle) you may ever want to run. The 6
cylinder unit I have on the Nissan will work on a 216 Chevy or a 300 Ford
just as well. This has long term advantages.
        It has been my experience in the past, hen trying to point out an
error in the rule book, it can be very difficult to get past the "out of the
loop mentality." For that reason I am trying to make every argument against
this arbitrary ruling before it gets in print.   Rich Fox