Re: Muroc

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Muroc
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:58:14 EDT
In a message dated 06/27/2000 12:50:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lona@finishlinecoatings.com writes:

<<
 Wow Doug!!
 Sounds like you had a great weekend..195 & 172 mph , man, that was neat
 and you flat-motor guys try to tell us that GMC's have a power
 advantage!!  Ha Ha

 Congratulations Katie on your 149mph run.  That's pushing the 150 marker
 awful hard. Your dad will get it there I'm sure.

 I think Keith's grin is so big by now that he probably won't be able to
 get in his house when he gets home!! Good going guy.
 Sounds like I missed a good week-end.  See you all at B-ville.
 Russ #902 M.R.

Russ,
    I wish I'd gone 195 on fuel. It was 192 on fuel and 172 on gas. I'd like
to claim that horsepower was a big factor, but I think that the slippery
chassis and body did more than the horsepower. GMC's still have the most
potential.
    How about an update on your roadster, and while you're at it some history
on the car. I'll bet it's quite a story........Doug