Attracting new comers/ Classes

To: "\"\\\"LandSpeed\\\" Louise Ann Noeth\"" <lanspeed@west.net>
Subject: Attracting new comers/ Classes
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:31:28 -0600
Louise and list,

Thy new blood we seek, we want to seek safe. But the newcomers attitiude
can be shallowed without lightening the rules is the 130 mph club. You
need little to become a member, and they will have the taste of Salt Flats
Racing. This alone will have the effect of, would I like to go faster. 9
times out of 10, sure I would. Well you have these guidelines to go by. I
think the 130 mph and 150 mph are excellent ideas and only wish they would
promote more with them. Campaign them along with the World of Speed event.
Looking at the cover of event programs, and calanders there is nothing
there to promote it. Should one read into the program you will see it
there, along with the Bar Stool Racing.
What we need is a person like yourself Louise, to write an article on it
and see if we can get it published somewhere outside of land speed
racing's circle. To gather some attention. I would be glad to put it on
the site.
As many would say we need to do something for the fear of our sport may be
hanging on only be a few threads. All we need to do is get it out, most
think you need alot of money, to get something to run there. Our team Team
Amo proves you dont need alot of money to get there, just a damn good
goal, and alot of interest.
As I have explained our sport to many around the world, the one thing that
does defer them away, is they think about a Land Speed Record, and the
amount of classes there already are, they say there are to many.. I would
have to agree with them on that, and the amount of classes does seem to be
getting out of hand.
It would further say that I respect every part of the sport, but.... there
are to many classes. Lets say Land Speed Racing started today and I was
the president (yeah right), I would make engine and body classes, but no
seperate classes for Fuel and Gas, blown or unblown. Hey you do whatever
it takes to get the record for your engine and body class. Everything
class would be a fuel class. You would use whatever you need to get the
speed, dont call it unfair, you have the same rights to use whatever
power, fuel, injected means known to man for yourself too.
But then again, because the ease of creating new classes, and the break
down of fuel, gas, blown, unblown, is this what keeps the newcomers
coming.

Jonathan Amo
www.landracing.com