Re: Attracting new comers/ Classes

To: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Attracting new comers/ Classes
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:04:13 -0400
Hmmm, Jon, speaking as a car guy only, one of the things that attracted me
to LSR was the variety of classes. I like and chose /CC because I can play
without the body as well as the engine. Competitiveness for me is being able
to build a car that can run on the record. The fastest car of its kind in
the world. If Tom ups the record, and he has, than I have to find a way to
take it to the next level and go faster.

Now as for bikes, your right, there are to many classes. Do we really need
sidecar classes? Could cut back on a few of those engine classes too, 50cc
and 100cc for sure. Maybe even blend M and A bikes into one class.

I'm picking on you, right. Yeah there are a bunch of classes, both car and
bike, and its likely to grow rather and shrink. Other than an administrative
nightmare I think it's what makes LSR unique. As Rich Fox said "Than they
started Bracket Racing ("And the winner is the loser"). I quit".

I'm going to WOS for the first time also. Mainly because I have the time
this year and I love the sport. Oh yeah, a bad, very bad, case of salt fever
too.

John Beckett, LSR #79, E/FCC