Re: Bonneville Transmissions

To: dahlgren@uconect.net, bbutters@dmi.net
Subject: Re: Bonneville Transmissions
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:49:38 EDT
I believe the answer is "it depends". Do you think that Crosley would have
gone faster on the long course? If pushed to where it would run in high it's
top speed would have been the same on either course. Jacks car NT788 ran 226
in the last mile and 231.5 out the end. If he would have accelerated better
with some gears his average speed would have been better. If your last mile
is almost the same as your exit speed, your trans gears won't help. That's
what I think anyway. I understood that Joe Fontana, in the days before data
gathering devices, ran with a tape recorder in the car. He would play it back
and time it to see how long it took him to reach high gear. The shorter the
time the better the motor was running, and the more course to work on.  Rich
Fox