Re: Bonneville Transmissions

To: V4GR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bonneville Transmissions
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:22:58 -0700
Rich; I seem to remember some tests we did years ago and found that the
engine accelerates the fastest between the torque peak and horsepower
peak. I have always tried to keep the RPM in that range. Sometimes you
have to pedal to throttle to keep from blowing the tires off. That's
what the drivers job is. I never get full throttle on my car till I'm in
second at about 120MPH.
                        Doug Odom in big ditch