Re: Bonneville Transmissions

To: "dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>, "The Butters Family" <bbutters@dmi.net>
Subject: Re: Bonneville Transmissions
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:46:29 -0700
Dave,
Think about this, some cars are horsepower limited at Bonneville, some are
traction limited. It doesnt allways follow that the "right" trans gearing
will get you more acceleration, sometimes it just gets you more wheelspin.
At Bonneville the desireability of a multi speed gear box SEEMS to be
inversely proportional to the amount of torque available. With a high
horsepower car you end up feathering the throttle through the lower gears so
you don't end up ng any faster. There are always tradeoffs, we just have to
pick the right ones for our particular situation
Jim in Palmdale, where it just rained 8 drops.