Re: E Motors

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: E Motors
From: ECTA845@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:45:04 EST
Keith, I was thinking of a Caddy Northstar with a 3 inch stroke crank.  There
are Hot Rod parts available. Or another choice worth looking at is an LS-1
based Vette engine with a 2.7 stroke crank with a 3.9 bore = 258CID.The Olds
Aurora Indy engine is a good choice if you have a spare 75 LARGE to spend:-(.
As for using a stock 305 block I would pass on it as it is a thin wall
casting. Another problem with the small bore is they tend to shroud the
intake valve. You could always sleeve a 350 block down to reach your desired
bore size.

Thanks  Randy Williams (I can't believe I have the whole weekend off)