Re: E Motors

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: E Motors
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:36:08 -0600
Yeah I was fascinated that the Cast Iron D Motor could spin that hard...
and stay together....

But it did.... I don't know how everyone else determines what the Max rpm
of their motors is going to be.... Personally I try and evaluate the
quality of components and then take the manufacturer's recommendation on
the weakest link.... in that Motor it was the Stainless Valves that were
only good to 8500.... or so I was told....

Keep in mind I told Will to do what he had to .... Period.... Don't shift
till it lays over... and he didn't.... and went 200.000  that much Rpm
should have hurt stuff but it didn't seem to.... K

----------
> From: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>;
land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: E Motors
> Date: Friday, November 10, 2000 1:02 PM
>
> OK guys how much can you bore a 305 block before you get into trouble? I
was
> under the impression with thin wall castings .030" was the limit.
>
> As for RPM, seems like the more we turned ours the faster it would go.
And
> you were running big RPM on the "D" at Maxton, without problems.
>
> John Beckett

Rpm....
> > but in an E Motor with a limit of say 84-8500 rpm... it might be
> fine...and
> > Those Blocks are DIRT cheap.... What would we be out here if the crank
> > failed...
> >
> > Keith ( Hey it's the Off Season.... What else do I have to do while I
wait
> > for the New Crank?)  Okay I could go to WORK and pay for some of this
> > stuff... Geez that would take all the fun out of it...

Small