Occupations

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Occupations
From: Richard Kensicki <richk@sparta-junction.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:00:04 -0500
Rich Kensicki: Married to Laraine, my best friend for life. Twelve years
as a machinist interrupted by 2 all expense paid tours to SEA (it made
sense then, I'm saner now, they tell me). 10 years with Bell Telephone
Laboratories which turned me into a certifiable UNIX geek. Now a
freelance (read sometimes starving) computer consultant working on
anything related to the internet, webservers, page design (John, about
the ecta-lsr.com site; it needs something), or UNIX. Will be finishing
up a 2 year stint with Hewlett Packard designing service provider
software packages and utilities for their virtual vault e-commerce
servers.
Have built 2 3/4 modifieds (called pro mod now in some areas) with a
friend. We're still friends because we don't build cars together
anymore. Have a 39 Ford street rod with a 312 Y-block hooked to the
stock trans & rear. Basic black (flat), no interior to speak of.
Looking for a  heated 3 bay garage w/100Amp service (detached
house,basement,bedrooms,yadda,yadda,yadda) to build the B/GT Corvette. I
don't have a garage!! Have the vette and numerous pieces of engines,
rods cranks warehoused. I had lost interest in cars for a number of
years until the street rod. It brought back memories and goals that had
been put aside and almost forgotten. If I squint real hard I can still
see that picture of Frank Lockhart racing down the sand with the wheels
barely touching the surf. Made a lasting impression on a young mind;
someday I may find that book.

Rich