Re: Battery cut off?

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>, "Dan Warner"
Subject: Re: Battery cut off?
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:51:31 -0500
> want the switch located on or near the battery with remote actuation  I
> don't have much faith in an automatic, electrical device that is going to
> sit unused (and probably un maintained) for years in an alkali/saline
> environment working the first time it is required.

Jim, I think you misunderstood my earlier post.  The inertia switch is in
addition to the "normal" battery cut off switch, which has been in the book
since before I built my car in 88 and 89.  The Moroso switches have also
been available, along with markings just like mentioned earlier.
I agree with you that the POS (+) cable must be interrupted.  I believe our
scrutineers have, and will continue to approve only the properly wired
switches.  The afore mentioned inertia switch is a redundant safety device
that only activates and disconnects a normally closed switch when hit with
the force of an accident.  (even a 10 to 15 mph collision).  The mechanics
are sealed and quite simple.
BTW, I believe the electrical cut off switch has been a requirement all
along.  The specific function has just been more carefully defined to avoid
confusion.  I will follow up with a Ford part number on Friday when I'm back
in town.  Gotta go interview another candidate.

Rick Byrnes