Rear Engine T's

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com, Flowbench@aol.com,
Subject: Rear Engine T's
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:14:51 -0800 (PST)
Funny you should mention those rear-engined
roadsters.  When I was in Florida last month, I
ran into a guy from California who was wearing a
Muroc Tee-shirt - so, naturally a conversation
started right in front of the restaurant - much
to our wives' dismay.  He had run one of those Ts
back in the olden days (for the life of me, I
can't remember his name).  With today's stretched
wheelbases, why are rear engined roadsters still
outlawed?  It would seem that you could put the
engine behind the driver and still end up with
51% front bias. Wouldn't that be just like a
modern lakester with a roadster body?

Dick J

--- FastmetalBDF@aol.com wrote:
>       John,  You discovered, the exciting way,
> the exact reason why those
>             great looking rear engined 27 T
> roadsters of yesteryear were
>                               OUTLAWED from