Re: Rear Engine T's

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Engine T's
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:31:51 -0800 (PST)
What I was thinking though, is that with the
longer wheelbase, the motor and center of mass
could be moved farther forward until the was a
51% forward bias.  That couldn't be done with the
short wheelbase, rear-engined Ts because if the
motor was moved that far forward, there wasn't
enough room levt for the driver out in front of
the motor.

Dick J

--- FastmetalBDF@aol.com wrote:
>      The longer wheelbase puts MORE weight on
> the rear with no other changes.
> Think of it as a lever and the fulcrum is the
> centerline of the front axle
> the further away from that pivot point the mass
> of weight is , the less weight
> is on it, so it HAS to go onto the REAR wheels
> .  The shorter the wheelbase,
> the more the weight goes back onto the front
> end .
>   ...... those laws of physics ALWAYS have
> THEIR WAY .  WE  HAVE
> to go along with THEIR rules ...... there is
> NO  ALTERNATIVE  for us .
> Bruce
>           IT' S  NOT  NICE  TO  MESS  WITH
> MOTHER  NATURE