Re: Rear Engine T's

To: speedtimer@earthlink.net, landspeedracer@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Rear Engine T's
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:44:33 EST
         How about allowing rear engine mod roadsters with a weight
distribution roughly approximating Fast Freddie's and Joe Law' s long
wheelbase lakesters ...... and maybe an appropriate size wing above
the rear of the T body  ?   As I recall one of the Dahm bros, and Fred
Larsen, both crashed rear engined T s ....... were there many more
with this type of roadster, or was the rule enacted for just several
mishaps ?    I would really like to see this configuration return to
land speed events, and think many others would, also . They are
as CLASSIC as the severely chopped, slant post 34 coupes with
racecar noses ala Pierson Bros / Tom Thumb Spl, Fox- Cobb, Doug
Hartelt, SoCal, and Bob Rounthwaite ...... this style of early racecar
seems to appeal to just about everyone ...... as American as apple pie
and as timeless as the landscape at Bonneville .
            Bruce