Re: International Records

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: International Records
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 06:20:32 -0800 (PST)
Okay, here's how I look at it.  There are several
different kinds of LSR records:

All LSR records should be be on a track over 1
mile in length except when estabilishing a i
kilometer record (just like other sanctioning
bodies requiring a minimum length to a road
course to be considered a road race) otherwise it
would be a real mess trying to filter in 1/4
milers and even 1/8 milers who want to try and
claim an LSR record.

With that in mind, LSR Records as follows:

Bonneville National Record on Salt - two
directions

El Mirage National Record on Dirt 1.3 miles one
direction

Muroc National Record on Powder dirt 1.5 miles
one direction

Maxton National Record on concrete 1 mile one
direction

Lake Garnier, (one or both directions, whatever
their rules are)  National Record (AUS)

Bonneville World Record, both directions when
sanctioned by FIA

That's my "citizen's vote" since I certainly
ain't nobody to be in the decision-making loop.

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *
*         # 729           *