International records

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: International records
From: brian falkner <falken@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 13:47:22 +1300
C'mon guys! dont quit on us now!
Now is the perfect time and place to try to attain unity on this issue.
Being narrow minded or complacent and displaying an "I'm allright Jack"
attitude is not what international Landspeeders need.

If we voted on these, how would we tackle the result?
Is it a growing sport?..
Is it a Global sport?..
Do YOU want it to grow?...
Do you believe in progress?..
Is there a problem?...
Are there other problems?..
Do we want/need to correct them?..

This IS the 21st century and we all need to realise that forums like ours
will probably be the norm for solving international problems and cementing
international relationships, sporting or otherwise.

If a chosen few of this group could attain what many of us want..that is an
Internationaly recognized TRUE world body..then I believe it will grow, to
all landspeeders advantage.

 There is strength in numbers and even more in unity.

There are environmental groups that may present a threat to us all, surely
a WORLD body with affiliations in every [participating] country will have
more clout than the discordant status quo?

Malcolm, Keith[the Master of tact & diplomacy!], Louise & others have laid out
the basics. It wont take much now for a few heads to come up with a formal
proposal. Why dont we appoint a group to do this?
...what have we got to lose???..[lets pull our heads out of the salt :)]
I see only gains.

This lurkers two Kiwi cents worth
Brian