Re: International Records

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: International Records
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:23:07 -0700
Dan, others, I guess I dont get it.   WHAT monies are needed, to truly make this
happen?

The biggest obstacle (in my little mind) is athenticity of speed, and it is
already
accepted that the SCTA timing IS the highest standard.

So the contraption is already there, the SCTA, its a matter of acceptance.

So IF the NHRA and the FIM/FIA already ACCEPT and CERTIFY the
SPEEDS, what acceptance/money  is needed for enabling the SCTA
to run a meet according to FIM/FIA standards?

I guess my own short answer is NONE, as it likely will by done this year
called BNI international (read WORLD) records.

MALCOM, maybe you can help my little mind, why is their a significant fee
charged by the FIA/FIM, when a meet is already paid for by the racers at
say Bonneville?  Why cant we just pay the room, board and plane ticket, food
for the official to show up and oversee the event?

Joe