International Records

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: International Records
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:25:04 -0800
I had sent this LSA history a couple of days ago, must have gotten lost with
the trailer bug.

If I remember correctly at the time we formed LSA there was talk of getting
association recognition from FIA. Wally Parks on behalf of NHRA, which is an
ACCUS member, attempted to approach FIA with this in mind. There was
absolutly no interest from FIA to include either LSA or SCTA-BNI into the
'fold' without major monetary input. Even then there was no guarantee that
we would ever get recognition.

NHRA then explored the possibility of their becoming the LSR authority. When
their proposals, monies expected, parameters for records established,
certification expenses, etc. were put forth there were no takers. The NHRA's
expected costs for doing the racers a favor were equal to or in excess of
the FIA.

The LSA went forward at that point then fell apart due to personnel
conflicts. jack Dolan took over LSA administration, I am not sure of his
status with LSA today.

BNI International is now the venue for those seeking records on a par with
FIA record standards.

Glen, is this how it went down? Who else on the list was involved with LSA
at the beginning? I know that the first couple meetings at Gale Banks' shop
had several attendees.

Dan Warner