Re: 'World Records Topic'

To: "Landspeed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Doug King"
Subject: Re: 'World Records Topic'
From: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 23:45:07 -0800
Doug

The idea of another "governing body" is absurd and not what this
discussion is about. What the point is, if I read the group right, is
to explore how we might achieve world record status using the existing
infrastructure. It may also mean updating parts of that
infrastructure, but something that would streamline, not complicate
the process.

A position paper ought to clarify this and Malcolm has roughed out a
few points. I intend to outline idea and then those of us who would
like to develop the idea(s) would embark on fact-finding mission to
see, "what's up."

This is all very nebulous (pardon me, Jack) at the moment,  and some
of the emotions that are percolating up are the result of trying to
conduct an international discussion on the internet. We want everyone
to participate, comment and offer constructive ideas.

No one is trying to build an empire, rather we are trying to upgrade a
constipated system -- something many of us think is long overdue and
are willing to volunteer some time to see what might be possible.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions
Telling stories with words and pictures